This course covers CPR/AED and First Aid. It is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs certification in CPR and First Aid to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
The audience for this class includes: child care workers, nannies, daycare staff, teachers, senior care givers, foster care workers, camp counselors, youth organizations and coaches for children’s sports organizations or anyone else outside the medical field who needs CPR and First Aid to meet job, regulatory or other requirements. The class is also ideal for parents, grandparents, babysitters and guardians.
Topics covered include:
- High-quality CPR
- The Cardiac Chain of Survival
- Use of the AED
- Relief of choking for Adult, Child and Infant
- Sudden Illnesses - Diabetic emergencies, Allergic reactions, Poisoning, Seizures, Fever, Stroke, Shock etc
- Wounds, Burns, Concussions, Injuries to Muscles, Bones and Joints
- Controlling external bleeding
- Heat cramps, Heat exhaustion, Heat stroke
- Hypothermia, Frostbite
NOTE: You only need to click on one date. The entire class is completed in one session.