- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills simulated clinical scenarios that encourage Active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of ACS and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
IMPORTANT: MANDATORY PRECOURSE ASSESMENT
The American Heart Association now requires that students must complete the mandatory precourse self-assessment before they can attend the ACLS course (Please see link below). They must achieve a score of 70% or higher. You have unlimited chances to pass the precourse self assessment, so you can attempt it as many times as neccessary. Students must print their completion certificate and bring it to their ACLS class. This assessment can only be taken on a PC (Mac or Windows). You must print out your results and bring them with you to class to present them to your instructor.
To access the Precourse assesmet, click the link below:
Enter the code "acls15" in the box on the webpage, to get started with the course. Call us on 347-961-1341 if you have any questions or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ACLS RENEWAL STUDENTS: American Heart Association requires that you have the current textbook - with the 2015 guidelines. The 2010 guidelines are outdated and no longer accepted. You can bring your own 2015 book to the class if you have one. If you do not have it, you can either select "Add textbook" when you register below or you may purchase one when you come to the class. The textbook is a compulsory requirement for participation in the class. If you do have one with you on the day of the class, you will need to purchase one at the class. Price for textbook is $40.
NEED BLS TOO? No worries, we've got you covered. With the AHA blended learning option, you can complete the knowledge portion of BLS online, and then you'll complete the hands-on practice portion when you come in for your ACLS class, and we will issue you both your BLS and ALCS card the same day upon successful completion. AHA charges $28.50 for the online portion and we charge $55 for the hands-on skills session. Just select "Yes" for "Add BLS skills session" when you register below. Complete the BLS online portion here: https://onlineaha.org/index.html. Bring your BLS online completion confirmation with you to the ACLS class. Feel free to call us on 347-961-1341 if you have any questions or you can email us at email@example.com